From its early pioneer days of the first European settlement to today’s sophistication, elegance and vibrancy, and winner of the prestigious ‘Design Capital of the World’ award, a visit to Cape Town should not be missed on your holiday itinerary to Africa. Cape Town’s fabulous restaurants rank amongst the top in the world, so a perfect holiday destination for ‘foodies’. With the amazing value for money, countless chic hotels and luxury serviced apartments available, lively bars, great restaurants, world class shopping and an abundance of activities, Cape Town is definitely the place to cater for the whole family. Stay either at the bustling V&A Waterfront, in the city centre, the fashionable area of De Waterkant, or in stylish boutique properties along the dramatic coastline out of town, away from the crowds.
Here are some of the great things for you to explore and enjoy:
- Start the day with a sunrise breakfast on Signal Hill.
- Ride the cable car or hike to the top of Table Mountain.
- Explore the city sights on an open-top double decker bus.
- Taste the wines of Groot Constantia, South Africa’s oldest wine producing estate dating back to 1685, and only moments from town.
- Walk in the footsteps of Nelson Mandela and visit Robben Island.
- Horticulture enthusiasts can enjoy the beautiful Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens with a picnic.
- Take a walking tour of Cape Town and learn to cook a traditional Cape Malay meal for lunch in the colourful Bo-Kaap district.
- Witness the hustle and bustle of Township life with a visit to a local school and community centre.
- Photograph the colourful bathing boxes of Muizenberg Beach.
- Be enchanted by the Penguin colony.
- Visit The Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point at the most south-westerly tip of Africa.
- Enjoy a seafood lunch, cocktails or dinner in trendy Camps Bay, a popular spot for locals and visitors alike.